30 is a big round number, and I was inspired to share 30 things I’ve learned in 30 years. Here’s what I’ve learned…do you have any ahas to share? Leave a comment below!
1. There is good and bad in the world. Being with like minded
individuals can either lead to progress or destruction. Make sure you
are in the productive group.
2. Not everyone is out to get you even when it feels like the world is against you.
3. Everyone is dealing with problems and your issue may not be as bad as
theirs. The nicest home can be filled with the most troubles.
4. You can’t trust everyone you meet, but keep close the people that you can.
5. You can forgive everyone that hurts you, but you should never forget.
With that said, it should be noted that revenge is not always sweet.
Sometimes it’s actually really bitter.
6. What’s right is not always popular; what’s popular is not always
right. (all sources I found said this quote is by Albert Einstein)
7. Being the cool kid may not be all its cracked up to be. The amount of upkeep to always be trendy, have the
perfect clothes, perfect hair and coolest gadgets just sounds
exhausting. I’d rather get that extra hour of sleep than have every hair
in place thank you!
8. A smile burns more calories than a frown and it looks better too. A bonus: smiling while unhappy somehow makes it hurt less.
9. Some people are innately evil and should be avoided like the plague.
There really are some people who will beg, borrow and steal their way to
the top and don’t care who they have to step on to get their. As soon
as you realize who they are, pluck them out of your life!
10. Always look out for number 1, but don’t step in number 2 either. (movie line from Back to School with Rodney Dangerfield)
11. When you stop looking for mister right you find him. I didn’t see my
husband Jeremy coming but am so glad his path crossed mine.
12. Speaking before thinking has massive consequences but when the heart kicks in, the head shuts down.
13. I didn’t need to take as many math classes as I did. My calculator
really can solve all my math problems. P.S. love the tip calculator on
14. Someone will always be bigger, better, stronger, smarter than me.
All I should really focus on is being the best I can be and following my
15. I didn’t gain weight overnight and can’t expect to lose it overnight.
16. Living a healthy lifestyle is imperative and eating crap makes me
feel like crap. Note to self-must find ways to get cheaper healthier
17. The best job in the world is one that you love, can make money at
and are actually qualified to do. When it stops being fun its time to
18. Money is not the only key to happiness but it sure feels better to
cry in a car with air conditioning than one without…especially in the
Florida heat. Nonetheless, I’d rather be broke and happy than rich and
19. Dogs are better than cats for some people and I prefer dogs. No hate
mail please-its my preference and what I learned about me!
20. Sharing is caring except when it comes to my toothbrush. Mom also
always said never share my drinks, my makeup or my hairbrush.
21. Karma is a bitch sometimes but she can be sweet too. Do unto others as you want done to you.
22. One red sock can ruin an entire load of white clothes but pink is one of my favorite colors.
23. If at first you don’t succeed destroy all evidence you tried. Never give up, never surrender.
24. Being an adult is fun but responsibility blows sometimes!
25. I should have stopped wishing I was older and enjoyed every minute
of the present. Too often I look forward to stuff in the future and
neglect the wonderful moments of now.
26. Wine is fine but liquor is quicker; either way hangovers suck!
27. Everything happens for a reason and we may never know what that
reason is. Some things in life have to be accepted and this is one of
28. You don’t always have to know how something works to believe in
it…For example, I don’t know how electricity works but I use it and I
do know this- A man can cook with electricity and electricity can also
cook the man (lesson learned from Bob Proctor)
29. I do not have all the things I want today, but I have everything I
need and for that I’m grateful! There is always, ALWAYS, something to be
30…. The one I learned this year that has become my new mantra is: You haven’t actually failed until you stop breathing!!! I LOVE this lesson! I’m taking it to heart because I have been bummed over not being where I want to be in my career yet and have felt a little like a failure but you know what- as long as there is breath in my lungs and a beat in my heart that means I have another day to work towards making my dreams come true. So, I have not failed! I have just found ways that don’t work and I will continue working towards my goals until I can’t anymore!
Also check out Celebrites I Share My Birthday With!!!
Where I found the picture at the top of this post
This post contains links to an affiliate. See my disclosure policy for more information.