Anyone who knows me knows lately I’ve been OBSESSED with Pinterest!!! Oh my goodness! Some might say I’ve even been PINSPIRED!!! Since joining the site I’ve made organizers, thrown out clutter, made homemade laundry detergent (future post coming about it!), made a knockoff of febreze, windex and hand soap and so much more!! I frikkin’ love the site. Lately on the site I’ve been learning a ton about Cadbury Eggs. In the spirit of Easter weekend I decided to share with you the things I’ve learned you can do with a Cadbury Egg!
1. Cadbury Cupcakes! Pinned here. Blogged about here. The shear genius of this is hard to deny. Add one Cadbury Eggs to the center of 24 chocolate cupcakes before baking and then add another after you ice them for a double dose of awesome with each cup of sugary heaven!
2. Cadbury Brownies! Pinned here. Blogged about here. Okay, so these brownies don’t ACTUALLY have any Cadbury Eggs in them, but they are inspired by them and the filling made for them is supposed to be very similar to what you would find inside an egg…
3. Make a turducken! Pinned here. Blogged about here. This highly caloric concoction may push you into a diabetic coma and frighteningly enough requires the use of power tools but effectively calls for shoving a mini Cadbury Egg into the body of a peep and then shoving those two into a hollowed out chocolate bunny.
4. Drink your egg! Pinned here. Blogged about here. The Caramel Cadbury Egg martini recipe calls for 1-1/2 ounces Baileys Irish Cream with Caramel, 1/2 ounce crème de cacao, 1 ounce caramel syrup, 1 ounce cream and 1/2 tablespoon Hershey’s chocolate syrup (plus extra Hershey’s chocolate syrup for rim). A few shakes and the garnishing of a Cadbury Egg on the side and there you have it!
5. Go gourmet with Cadbury Egg Brulee! Pinned here. Blogged about here. Four ounces of mini Cadbury Eggs, some heavy cream, eggs, sugar, elbow grease and some time in an oven will leave you with a ramekin filled with chocolatey goodness ready to devour!
If these ideas don’t tickle your fancy you could always just settle for eating them right out of their package. Happy Easter! May your Cadbury Eggs be a plenty and may all their calories not stick to you!