Check out this quick and easy chicken dinner that anyone can cook – Meta Description:perfect for any night of the week!
Making a good meal doesn’t have to be complicated. This quick and easy chicken recipe is also healthy and inexpensive. It’s easy enough that anyone can cook it!
Guys love certain words when it comes to food: quick, easy, healthy, and inexpensive. It’s an added benefit when it actually tastes good.
Guys also fall into bad eating habits when they grab something quick at a fast-food place. Fast-food may be quick and easy, but it’s usually high in fat and high in sodium—two lethal combinations for guys that are trying to keep fit.
If you are cooking for yourself or want to cook a quick and easy meal for someone special, this meal is high in protein and low in fat. It provides an excellent source of high-energy fuel for after your workout.
This quick and easy chicken recipe can be modified to personal preferences, what you have in your fridge, or what’s in season or on sale. It’s so easy to prepare that you can cut up the chicken and vegetables and prepare it all in one pan allowing for easy clean-up. It can quickly be prepared in about 10 minutes and is ready to be served in as little as 30 minutes. Of course, it can also be left to simmer on the stove on low heat for longer to allow the chicken to tenderize and the flavors to intensify.
It’s perfect comfort-food for the cooler weather. While it’s cooking, open a bottle of heart-healthy red wine, put on a Frank Sinatra CD and impress her with your charming conversation. You and dinner are sure to be a hit.
Quick and Easy Chicken Even a Guy Can Make
3 to 4 pounds chicken Olive oil or butter ½ onion, diced 1 ½ cups diced mushrooms 3 potatoes, peeled, cut into small cubes 6 carrots, peeled, cut into ½ inch slices 3 zucchini, cut into ½ inch slices 1 cup red or white wine 3 cans white, northern or butter beans
- Apply a thin coat of butter or olive oil to a large skillet and warm for a minute on medium-high heat.
- Add onions and mushrooms and allow to brown for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove skin from chicken,* place over the mushrooms and onions and cover.
- While chicken is browning, dice potatoes, carrots and zucchini.
- Turn chicken to brown on other side and add potatoes and carrots for about 20 minutes and cover.
- After about 10 minutes, gently stir all ingredients and add zucchini, wine and beans. Season to taste with salt, pepper and red pepper flakes for added spice.
- Allow to simmer for an additional 10 minutes, covered, on low heat.
- While the jury is still out on the debate about removing chicken skin before cooking, it is understood that fat found within chicken skin is saturated fat, which can lead to the development of cardiovascular disease, stroke, and even some types of cancer.
Guys don’t like to read instructions or follow recipes because we like to figure things out for themselves. It had to have been a guy who first looked at an artichoke and said, “Hey, I wonder what that would taste like?” Guys are adventurous when they cook. It doesn’t always come out right, but they’re not confined by having to have exactly this item in our fridge or using exactly that amount that’s called for in the recipe.