This post contains an affiliate link that if used for making a purchase provides this website with a commission at no additional cost to you. For more information, please read my disclosure policy.
Companies down to the Fortune 10 fail to train employees how to operate efficiently as a team, the confusion has led to individuals frenetically doing everything themselves in a desperate attempt to be productive, and this in turn leads to inefficiencies and redundancies resulting in countless dollars and hours lost as well as individual burnout and company-wide layoffs.
Companies must train their workers to use the right tools (like email – one of the biggest drainers of efficiency) in the right way at the right time as a team as opposed to being individually productive, argues Fortune 10 consultant and Leverage CEO Nick Sonnenberg.
In his Wall Street Journal Best Seller, COME UP FOR AIR: How Teams Can Leverage Systems & Tools to Stop Drowning in Work (HarperCollins; Feb 7, 2023) Sonnenberg demonstrates how to free up an entire day per week for everyone on your team by:
- Quickly identifying where you are out of alignment, plus how to experience greater team productivity and fulfillment at work
- Formulaically calculating the complexity of your team and how much value you’re getting from your current tool stack
- Automating internal communication
- Achieving Inbox Zero
- Eliminating inefficient meetings for good
- Reducing stress by creating a more stable work environment
- Eliminate the 58% of employee time per day spent on “work about work” instead of being productive
- Improving company culture by empowering your team to to spend their time on work that matters
- Saving an average of 2 hours per week just by optimizing email using the R.A.D. system
- Reducing time spent on the “scavenger hunt” of trying to find where something is stored
- Increasing employee happiness, satisfaction, trust, and retention by making work easier
Nick Sonnenberg is an entrepreneur, Inc. columnist, guest lecturer at Columbia University, and the author of Come Up for Air: How Teams Can Leverage Systems and Tools to Stop Drowning in Work. He is the Founder and CEO of Leverage, a leading operational efficiency consultancy that helps companies implement his CPR® Business Efficiency Framework. This is the culmination of Nick’s unique perspective on the value of time, efficiency, and automation which stems in part from the eight years he spent working as a high-frequency trader on Wall Street. The CPR (Communication, Planning, and Resources) Framework consistently results in greater output, less stress, happier employees, and the potential to gain an extra full day per week in productivity per person—just by using the right tools in the right way, at the right time. Nick and his team have worked with organizations of all sizes and across all industries, from high-growth startups to the Fortune 10.